We aim to deliver a more intelligent and disciplined approach to managing money. As an investor in SEI investment
strategies, you’ll benefit from a well-tested investment process founded on market research, broad diversification and
thoughtful portfolio construction, as well as risk management.
1. Asset allocation: Research shows that this important first step accounts for the majority of the variation in a portfolio’s
return. Working with your advisor, we structure an allocation that you can live with long-term and has the potential to meet your objectives.
2. Portfolio design: We use our research and knowledge of the economic cycle to construct portfolios that we believe should perform consistently across asset classes and geographic regions. Portfolios are adjusted depending on whether the economy is in expansion or recovery, under stress or not.
3. Investment manager selection: SEI is a manager of managers. We do not employ these managers. They are third-party advisors to whom SEI gives specific asset management assignments. They do the actual security selection. Managers are monitored carefully and switched out when necessary to enhance consistency and potentially lower volatility. Explorer is designed for tax free or tax deferred retirement accounts such as IRA, SEP IRA, Roth IRA, Profit Sharing and Rollover IRA Accounts.
4. Portfolio construction levels Your portfolios will consist of multiple levels of diversification, designed to optimize return while managing risk.
5. Tax management: Our investment process includes techniques to help you keep more of what you’ve earned. If not managed carefully, taxes can reduce your after-tax return by up to 60%.
6. Risk management: We commit significant resources to monitoring managers. Our own Investment Management Unit employs a team of 100 professionals globally, who average seven years of industry experience, and focus exclusively on research, portfolio strategy and portfolio monitoring.
Minimum Mutual Fund & ETF account is $15,000. Minimum Separately Managed Account $500,000.
The Model is Sub-Advised by SEI Private Trust Company.